Numerous recreational opportunities
In the region surrounding Overbetuwe Estate you will find numerous recreational opportunities.
You can enjoy walking, cycling, fishing, swimming and make many cultural excursions. Both the Betuwe , the Veluwe as the cities of Arnhem and Nijmegen are within reach.
The Betuwe, Veluwe, Arnhem, Nijmegen, Wageningen within reach
Overbetuwe Estate is located in the eastern part of the Betuwe , also known as 'the Overbetuwe'. Make walking and cycling tours through the Betuwe scenery with rivers, dykes, orchards, old farms and historic villages.
Overbetuwe Estate is located 1 kilometre south of the Rhine. From the estate you can see the foothills of the Veluwe across the Rhine. Therefore the Veluwe , perfect for hiking and cycling with its stunning nature and national park, is near the estate.
Arnhem, Nijmegen, Wageningen
The estate is located in the city triangle Arnhem - Nijmegen - Wageningen . These cities offer culture, nature and shopping opportunities.
Walk through the Betuwe and Veluwe, the beautiful and varied surroundings of Estate Overbetuwe. Or take a city walk!
- Take a walk through the flowering Betuwe
- Walk around the village of Heteren
- Experience the beauty of the Veluwe and go hiking in National Park De Hoge Veluwe
- Stroll along the floodplains of the Rhine, such as floodplain park Meinerswijk in Arnhem
- Take a walk through the historic cities of Arnhem and Nijmegen
At the reception there are several hiking trails available.
You want to enjoy cycling through the Veluwe and Betuwe?
Or ask at the reception for cycle routes like
- The Overbetuwe cycle route
- The three castle route
- The forests and pollard willow route
- The Roman road
Do you like fishing or even want a fishing holiday?
On Overbetuwe Estate you will find a beautiful pond with carp and many other fish species. No permit required. Besides this there are excellent fishing waters in the vicinity!
- Fishing in river the Rhine (Heteren)
- Fishing in river the Linge (Homoet)
- Trout Fishing in the ponds of Aqua Vita (Driel)
- Fishing in river the Waal
+ Swimming and watersports
Indoor swimming pools
Outdoor swimming pool
Natural swimming water
+ Golf and Pitch&Putt
+ Zoos and amusement parks
- Village center with shops including supermarket in Heteren
- Village center with shops including supermarket in Driel
Regional products / Country Stores
- Buy fruits, vegetables, dairy products directly from farmers in the area. Addresses at the reception on demand.
Shopping in the cities
- Arnhem was in 2007 - 2009 the "best shopping city in the Netherlands"
- Ook Nijmegen and Wageningen are also great shopping cities.
Indoor shopping malls
- Restaurant Sprokkelenburg
- Cafeteria Het Wapen van Heteren
- Al-Volo Pizzeria Grillroom (take-a-way)
- Cafeteria De Spies
- Japanese Chinese Restaurant Kievitsdel
- Restaurant Het Wapen van Valburg
- Pancake restaurant De Steenen Camer
- Pancake restaurant Hartelust
- Wok palace Rhenen